Saturday, June 09, 2007

of boats

I offered to help at a scout jamboree and spent all day assisting(floating about) the instructor, nice little plastic boats to play in, I was paddling the rather nice blue one, lots of scouts taken out and no capsizes amazingly!
this is the model tug Frances, and she can pull too! variously single or rafted kaykakers, a blow up dingy and a canoe full of scouts!
men who play with boats have lunch, and discuss boats
I thought the 'smoke' on this one was quite fetching, it was produced by an incense stick stuck down the chimney. I dont remeber this ones name but its a copy of an edwardian ramming naval vessel.

3 comments:

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Sounds/looks like a wonderful time had by all.

clairesgarden said...

it was a good day, good people too.

grannyfiddler said...

my 3 boys pretty much grew up in Cubs and Scouts. terrific organization. i used to take my fiddle along for the campfire sing alongs. we never had kayaks, though we did a lot of canoeing.