Wednesday, August 09, 2006

sneak preview

nearby friends are opening their garden this weekend,(under the Scottish Gardens Open Scheme) for the first time. this garden is only six years old and has been created from a green field site. it looks and feels like a garden that has been established for many years , above is the view as you walk into the garden , round the corner of the house. the centre path is viewed from their patio, there are lots of paths to wander round, did I mention he is a professional gardener, can't you tell! he made the seats too.
it is filled with beautiful plants, I took about a hundred pictures and the garden looks fabulous in every one.

9 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh wow!

Fantastic!

Shame we can not be there, but would love to see more photograhs after the event!

Cool too................you did this for a neighbour!......
must be out of apreciation!

Fantastic!

Dxx

Wildside Musing said...

Looks like quite a bit of work with stunning results...

Sad to say, I'll never be this type of gardener... Just the practical, lazy sort; but I admire the artfulness of those who have the gift!

patsy said...

this is a great garden , thanks for sharing.

Norene Griffin said...

what a lovely garden. i got married at a place kind of similar.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Claire, that is a wonderful garden. And it realy looks much older than it is!

Sigrun

Madcap said...

You've flabbered my gaster! What a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

thats an amazing garden

Lowa said...

That is incredibly impressive!

Please share as many shots of it as you can, I just love it!

clairesgarden said...

I am always amazed by their garden, I had not seen it since last year and it gets more amazing as time goes on. I ma posting some more photographs.