Sunday, January 15, 2006

changes in the weather



Such a nice sunny day yesterday, it was warm enough in the afternoon to sit out with a cup of coffee and read for a half hour(I had on two fleece jumpers!). Todays temperature reading in the greenhouse shows it got up to 21centigrade yesterday and last night it was down to -1. This morning is cloudy but dry and wind is freezing, so no sitting about today!
An early primula showing a welcome wee bit of colour in the garden and the snowdrops are finally peeking through. I wondered if they had been disturbed too much as I moved some shrubs last year in that corner. I love early spring flowers, especially daffodils and wish they flowered all year round.
In the cold frame the plants I bought last year to go into an alpine trough are starting to come on nicely; crocus, narcicuss bulbocodium, primula wharfedale bluebell, frittilarai hermonis amana, scillia siberica, three little iris and species tulip(tulipa tarda?) and two different helleborus. You note however these are not in a trough but still in the cold frame. . . . . well I can see it in my minds eye. . . . . and it looks great! The two old sinks I intend to use for alpines can be seen in my snowy greenhouse photograph, they are sitting on the left hand side, one might stay there but the 'spring' one is to travel about twenty feet more to the left where it will sit at the end of the path. This is the path I can see in my minds eye. . . . .

1 comment:

Wildside Musing said...

Claire, your photography is just stunningly gorgeous! You really do have the artist's eye...
(Oh, and I just love those early spring blooms, too -- but that you already know! ;-) )